- It is Unfortunate that there is no accurate cure for spondylitis. However, there are Many treatments available which can help you to feel and function better and reduce the pain and symptoms associated with spondylitis. Your goal is to manage your spondylitis, so you can lead an energetic life.
The most common forms of treatment for spondylitis include,
NSAIDS;(Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) which helps to reduce the pain by acting as an anti-inflammatory drug, some common NSAIDs are
- Celecoxib, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Meloxicam etc.
- If NSAIDs don’t solve your painful symptoms, you can also take other drugs called disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). They act on the immune system and can help cure inflammation.
- Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
biologic drugs useful in spondylitis include:
Adalimumab, Certolizumab, Etanercept etc.
Other methods of treatment for spondylitis are.
- TENS therapy (electrical stimulation for muscles)
- Yoga and light exercises
- Herbal medicines
- Stretching etc.
Leading a life with spondylitis is very tough but if we try we can make it and eradicate it completely. If you follow all the precautions and treatment regimens you can also be able to lead a flexible life.