spondylitis is a degenerative disease. It is important to keep it under control. Proper care and precautions must be taken to avoid any serious injury.
- consult an immunologist and get proper drugs which will help to reduce the inflammation.
- Physiotherapy of the back is also beneficial, braces are also helpful to keep the spine in an erect and neutral position, but this requires a thorough observation to get an idea about the current condition of the spine and hence consulting an immunologist primarily would be the best.
- yoga and mild physical exercise are effective.
- Avoid strain and strenuous physical work.
- Ample bed rest is also essential.
- Concentrate on losing weight, if you are overweight.