There are a lot of remedies available which can give a temporary relief from the pain.
- Walking; simple walking is the best remedy for Slip disk patients, regular walking for 10-15 min on the interval of every 4-5 hour can make you feel better but remember never push yourself beyond the limit.
- Light exercises and yoga can help you to get relief from the pain, Physiotherapy is also an effective way to get rid of the lower back pain. Therapists will help you and show you appropriate way of lifting, walking etc.
- Rest is an essential thing for herniated disk patients, they should take rest on a flat surface it helps to get rid of the pain.
They should not sleep in the same position for a long time, taking a pillow in the lower back region while sleeping is beneficial.
Don’t sleep on the chest and belly if you are suffering from disk disease.
- Heat and cold therapy- Using a hot bag or a bag full of ice is beneficial to reduce the inflammatory process.
You should apply ice bags for first few days then change it with hot bags, there should be an interval of 2-3 hours before reapplying.
- Turmeric is extremely helpful because it contains an active compound known as curcumin which has anti-inflammatory effects and works as an antioxidant.
- A complete massage will help you to perform day to day activity specially when taken on a periodic basis. It increases blood circulation and helps in the proliferation of new cells. It also increases absorption of oxygen and nutrients.
- TENS; Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, this is a good method to get relief from pain and it can be done from home.
- Inversion Therapy.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Acupressure and Acupuncture
- Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO)
- Epsom Salt
- Proper diet
All the above-mentioned information is beneficial for slip disk patients.