Slip Disk is the consequence of a slow degenerative process which is mostly seen after the fifth decade and commonly in the later stages of life.
When we grow older the water or gel-like content in the spinal disk decreases and because of it, the disk becomes more prone towards injury, even a simple twist can cause you a lot of pain.
In INDIA, if 20 cases are registered for back pain then 1 of them is suffering from the slip disk; the ratio is 1:20.
The information given below can cause slip disk,
- Simple wear and tear due to Repetitive inappropriate actions.
- Aging and complications.
- It is common among gym freaks; excess weight lifting in a wrong way, too many sit-ups can cause slip disk.
- Smoking, it softens the disk tissues.
- Obesity and lack of physical activity.
- Unpredicted damage, stress or even incidents.
Many of us cannot determine the precise reason for our own herniated disk. Occasionally, using the back muscles more for lifting bulky and heavy objects can cause slip disk.